The Shadows Within
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadows Within

Everyone has a dark half. It's just what you do with it that counts.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
PLEASE READ: If you notice me posting in your Beyond Character Bio, I'm just stating some thoughts for you to consider when you do Act I. ~ Ryu Kuze

Screw this. Post your ideas here.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Endless Void
The Darkness in Everyone's Hearts
Endless Void

Screw this. Post your ideas here. Empty
PostSubject: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:17 am

Immediate course of action.

Please post whatever ideas you might have on here. I may consider them and possibly have a RP made in the next few days.

However, there is already one in the works and I may consider trying that out first.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
https://deceitfulshadows.forumotion.net
Other
Other

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:49 am

Well I was thinking for the Yugioh RP you know how the Darkwater and Vindicators are looking for recruits. I was thinking how about they each go and propose why this so and so character should join and for the Darkwaters if they refuse they will have to duel and for Vindicators if they refuse they will leave them be maybe something along those lines
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 3:10 am

Get a new banner. It's too large!
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 3:41 am

Other wrote:
Well I was thinking for the Yugioh RP you know how the Darkwater and Vindicators are looking for recruits. I was thinking how about they each go and propose why this so and so character should join and for the Darkwaters if they refuse they will have to duel and for Vindicators if they refuse they will leave them be maybe something along those lines

Elaborate more, please. I'm curious into why you picked Matt's idea when Matt was planning on some sort of "Virus" which I said would lead to a replica of Crashtown.

Natalya wrote:
Get a new banner. It's too large!

I'll see if I can "shrink" it for you.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 3:55 am

Eeeexcellent. Anyway, here's the idea that I got from Deadborder from Pojo (Yes, I'm giving the credit to Deadborder.):

Deadborder wrote:
Have you ever heard of the idea that the only thing you can prove with certainty is your own consciousness – that is, that everything else is simply a projection of your own mind? Or on a lesser scale, the world as you know it exists, but that what everyone knows to be the same, such as colors or objects, may actually be perceived differently by different individuals? Well, that's true...somewhat. Recently it's been discovered that this different perception DOES exist, and that with some effort, this perception can be changed; technological advancements have only made this easier.

Some people have apparently become skilled enough to alter not only their own perceptions on a noticeable scale, but those of others as well through a combination of technology manipulation and the power of suggestion; in other words, they have become something the most skilled hypnotists can only aspire to become. Nothing short of human VR creators, these gifted, under the title of Trancers, have taken the world by storm – well, as far as we can tell...

With the power of communication (as well as other growing fields) as advanced as it is, the amount of ordinary people becoming substantially powerful Trancers is increasing, and with every miracle solution brought on by this hyper-placebo arises a host of new problems.

Naturally, this power has roused suspicion almost worldwide, and so a number of precautionary measures have arisen – namely a doctrine denoting “legal use” of Trance, devices to counter the technological aspect of Trance, and popular self-defense classes teaching the limits of Trancers and how to avoid them.

Though it may sound as though this world is one rife with suspicion and illusion - and on some level, it is - Trance for the most part is kept fairly in check and allows for a variety of recreational activity and medical advances. The only threat that is constantly on the surface here is what happens when a powerful Trancer uses that ability for less-than-savory means...

...and if such a person exists, when did they start?
Back to top Go down
Other
Other

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:14 am

I didn't know that, that was Matt's Idea well like I was saying I was going with a storyline that the Vindicators and Darkwaters are basically trying to look for people who can Join their side basically they would go into research about who are some top duelists, of course they target the protagonists in the RP and force them into a duel to test their skills since it is a recruitment of course. Now I was thinking that the Darkwaters would target specific duelists the same with Vindicators but they would be different then I was thinking they would lead up to lets say the same duelist this would lead the Vindicators and Darkwaters into a duel for the duelist. The duelist is torn between these sides and runs away maybe leading him to be the decider in this war.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:18 am

Other wrote:
I didn't know that, that was Matt's Idea well like I was saying I was going with a storyline that the Vindicators and Darkwaters are basically trying to look for people who can Join their side basically they would go into research about who are some top duelists, of course they target the protagonists in the RP and force them into a duel to test their skills since it is a recruitment of course. Now I was thinking that the Darkwaters would target specific duelists the same with Vindicators but they would be different then I was thinking they would lead up to lets say the same duelist this would lead the Vindicators and Darkwaters into a duel for the duelist. The duelist is torn between these sides and runs away maybe leading him to be the decider in this war.

Actually, Natalya's idea is based off that. My bad. o.o;
Back to top Go down
Other
Other

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:32 am

Np xD ^^
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:41 am

Endless Void wrote:
Eeeexcellent. Anyway, here's the idea that I got from Deadborder from Pojo (Yes, I'm giving the credit to Deadborder.):

Deadborder wrote:
Have you ever heard of the idea that the only thing you can prove with certainty is your own consciousness – that is, that everything else is simply a projection of your own mind? Or on a lesser scale, the world as you know it exists, but that what everyone knows to be the same, such as colors or objects, may actually be perceived differently by different individuals? Well, that's true...somewhat. Recently it's been discovered that this different perception DOES exist, and that with some effort, this perception can be changed; technological advancements have only made this easier.

Some people have apparently become skilled enough to alter not only their own perceptions on a noticeable scale, but those of others as well through a combination of technology manipulation and the power of suggestion; in other words, they have become something the most skilled hypnotists can only aspire to become. Nothing short of human VR creators, these gifted, under the title of Trancers, have taken the world by storm – well, as far as we can tell...

With the power of communication (as well as other growing fields) as advanced as it is, the amount of ordinary people becoming substantially powerful Trancers is increasing, and with every miracle solution brought on by this hyper-placebo arises a host of new problems.

Naturally, this power has roused suspicion almost worldwide, and so a number of precautionary measures have arisen – namely a doctrine denoting “legal use” of Trance, devices to counter the technological aspect of Trance, and popular self-defense classes teaching the limits of Trancers and how to avoid them.

Though it may sound as though this world is one rife with suspicion and illusion - and on some level, it is - Trance for the most part is kept fairly in check and allows for a variety of recreational activity and medical advances. The only threat that is constantly on the surface here is what happens when a powerful Trancer uses that ability for less-than-savory means...

...and if such a person exists, when did they start?

Now, to an actual conversation. Is this idea good?
Back to top Go down
Duive
Duive

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:29 am

I think its pretty alright. Its thorough and pretty balanced in terms of a base. Best thing is its not pinned to one idea. It can be used for any one of the RPing ideas. Well I think its good simply because its not a "story" with a set pre-determined path, ending, and struggle good and evil..etc. Its an actual "setting" which I think is giving a lot to work with.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:55 pm

Duive wrote:
I think its pretty alright. Its thorough and pretty balanced in terms of a base. Best thing is its not pinned to one idea. It can be used for any one of the RPing ideas. Well I think its good simply because its not a "story" with a set pre-determined path, ending, and struggle good and evil..etc. Its an actual "setting" which I think is giving a lot to work with.

The question then becomes "Where should all of this take place?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screw this. Post your ideas here.   Screw this. Post your ideas here. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screw this. Post your ideas here.
Page 1 of 1