The Shadows Within
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadows Within

Everyone has a dark half. It's just what you do with it that counts.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
PLEASE READ: If you notice me posting in your Beyond Character Bio, I'm just stating some thoughts for you to consider when you do Act I. ~ Ryu Kuze

New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Endless Void
The Darkness in Everyone's Hearts
Endless Void

New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas Empty
PostSubject: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:43 am

Yeah, the scrolling message was put there under "depending on the circumstances". Due to the other RP taking off, I've been busy trying not to get myself removed from that RP and focusing on this one, so I kept this one on hold due to that reason. Anyway, this thread will be the discussion of the new RP since I want to know of your ideas and what you want for the next RP.

What I had done so far is made an idea of a profile that might work. Example shown below:

Quote :
Name: Itakura Takeuji
Appearance: (the guy holding the magic book with the feather in his hand)
New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas MysticGuys
Deck: Elemental Ritualistic Technique
Bio:
In school, people called him the “Odd Man Out” due to his personality in reading books and zoning out the surroundings. Unfortunately due to lack of confidence in himself, he sits away from everyone and makes sure that he never feels hurt. However, with an unknown discovery of a mysterious book, a spirit guides him through everyday life and follows him around. He looked into playing Duel Monsters, however, to continue the interest that he gained through Ritual Summoning. However, with each passing moment, will his insight towards Duel Monsters be enough for the challenges ahead, or will he need the guidance of the spirit in order to learn the true ordeal ahead.

Name: Shila the Unceasing
Appearance: (the man wielding the scythe behind Itakura)
New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas MysticGuys
Bio: A mysterious spirit that accompanies Itakura through his travels. Not much can be said at this time about his past or his abilities.

Anyway, that's somewhat of an idea that I thought about for the profile. It'll go in depth with Yu-gi-oh! Spirit World and the actual game itself, since both elements can be used for a fun RP, but I want to hear what you, the member of this forum, thinks about this idea. I know it's not much but it's something I've started off of.

I really haven't got a fresh idea to start it off, so feel free to bounce off ideas and leave them here. Who knows that you might spark off an idea in my head to start off the new RP? Let's just see what you want.

Last edited by Ryu Kuze on Tue May 25, 2010 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://deceitfulshadows.forumotion.net
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:19 am

I liked the idea of a dictatorial government controlling free thought and nearly all aspects of human life and death. Blending that into the spirit realm, which the "Society" may be attempting to tap into, may give more of a motivation for the protagonists to fight against the oppression and prevent the Society from gaining more power. As for the whole "make everyone duel" clause/law, it may be a matter of ancient edicts or something, pertaining to the spirit realm. Similar to how in GX, the Shadow Riders had to duel to obtain the keys to the Sacred Beast cards, and in 5D's, the Dark Signers.

I wouldn't say change the setting too drastically, so that some people won't be forced to remake their character completely, but there is room for some liberal changes; just not too many of them. I do think that the spirit realm should play an important part in the plot, since it would seem kind of bland and strange if people were just playing card games on motorbikes because some dictator said so. It may be a matter of "we have to do it" rather than "we want to do it".

It's an RP about a card game, so it is a little more difficult to set things up in a completely logical pattern, but it's possible to add in some logic (that is, as far as fiction goes; no need to be off-the-wall ridiculous).

You could always take the 1984 approach and make it look like there was a revolution, but it was "forgotten" and now the government is a dictatorship with very distinct classes (not too different from the concept of Satellite in 5D's).

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Keep things conservative, but leave in room for some important changes.

Also, WALL OF TEXT!
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Want to include stuff from the Yu-gi-oh! series in this? Also, Kaiser, I see you on.
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Ryu Kuze wrote:
Want to include stuff from the Yu-gi-oh! series in this?

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't. I don't think we should be touching the Millenium Items, though, just to be RP safe. Like I said, I'd figure taking a 5D's like approach. Maybe not include Signers, since we need some kind of unique plot focus. What that is, exactly, I'm not sure. For the original series, it was the Millenium Items and Egyptian God cards. In GX, it was... well, the setting changed a lot. As for 5D's, it's the Signers, their Synchro Dragons, and the Crimson Dragon.

Not that I think some people should get to be more important characters than others, but it does happen naturally. I do think some kind of basis or ideal principle should unite the characters at or near the beginning, so that way people aren't too divided on where to start. Right?
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:24 am

Natalya wrote:
Ryu Kuze wrote:
Want to include stuff from the Yu-gi-oh! series in this?

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't. I don't think we should be touching the Millenium Items, though, just to be RP safe. Like I said, I'd figure taking a 5D's like approach. Maybe not include Signers, since we need some kind of unique plot focus. What that is, exactly, I'm not sure. For the original series, it was the Millenium Items and Egyptian God cards. In GX, it was... well, the setting changed a lot. As for 5D's, it's the Signers, their Synchro Dragons, and the Crimson Dragon.

Not that I think some people should get to be more important characters than others, but it does happen naturally. I do think some kind of basis or ideal principle should unite the characters at or near the beginning, so that way people aren't too divided on where to start. Right?

I thought...more along the lines of specific places from the Yu-gi-oh! universe. No offense though.

Also, in my opinion (You can view this whatever you like, and you can either agree or disagree on the matter.), I think more diverse would be best so that people don't stall up the RP. I remember when S. Revolt started and everything got screwed once Greed and Haseo stopped posting for whatever reason, and everyone had to wait on him.
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:43 am

Ryu Kuze wrote:
I thought...more along the lines of specific places from the Yu-gi-oh! universe. No offense though.

Also, in my opinion (You can view this whatever you like, and you can either agree or disagree on the matter.), I think more diverse would be best so that people don't stall up the RP. I remember when S. Revolt started and everything got screwed once Greed and Haseo stopped posting for whatever reason, and everyone had to wait on him.

Like you once said, "Post or your character dies". I agree with that policy, to be honest, because on another forum I'm doing an RP, and the DM is so irresponsible that it took her two months to get the thing rolling again. Seriously; and when I tried to confront her about it, she freaked out and told me I was nagging her, and she said the more I reminded her, the "less likely I am to do it".

Sorry, I'm ranting.

Anyway, I'd prefer it if we didn't take nods at other characters from the series - or rather, integrate them into the series with such relevance that they are actually acted out. That concept is silly to me, to be honest, because I never liked the idea of controlling somebody else's character. Even if they're an anime writer from Japan who we have no means of communicating with.

But, I have to ask why diversity would make the RP go faster? Because people aren't so focused trying to determine details from the actual story, and what happened and whatnot? Instead, people learn as they read along?

And why am I the only one posting in here?! You people are asshats.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 5:43 am

Natalya wrote:
Ryu Kuze wrote:

Like you once said, "Post or your character dies". I agree with that policy, to be honest, because on another forum I'm doing an RP, and the DM is so irresponsible that it took her two months to get the thing rolling again. Seriously; and when I tried to confront her about it, she freaked out and told me I was nagging her, and she said the more I reminded her, the "less likely I am to do it".

Sorry, I'm ranting.

Anyway, I'd prefer it if we didn't take nods at other characters from the series - or rather, integrate them into the series with such relevance that they are actually acted out. That concept is silly to me, to be honest, because I never liked the idea of controlling somebody else's character. Even if they're an anime writer from Japan who we have no means of communicating with.

But, I have to ask why diversity would make the RP go faster? Because people aren't so focused trying to determine details from the actual story, and what happened and whatnot? Instead, people learn as they read along?

And why am I the only one posting in here?! You people are asshats.

First off, I quit Duel Monsters Expert. Dunno if I'll return. So, you can say I'm taking an "extended leave".

Second, feel free to rant.

Third, some people consider to keep the character alive, but with the recent poll, I was going to kill nearly all the characters in the S. Revolt to revive that sucker again. But, you guys wanted a new RP, so I'm sticking with that...for now, at least.

Fourth, the only specific ones were Kaiba Corporation, Seto Kaiba, and Mokuba Kaiba. Reasoning was that I wanted it to be some sort of disaster happening in Kaiba Corporation and Yu-gi-oh! from there collapsed. But a new -mysterious company- comes out of the blue and sponsors Yu-gi-oh! again. However, I didn't feel right with it and I decided to go astray from it.

Fifth, so that people don't have to wait for other people to post. With so few people posting, it'll not work as well if you kill the AFK characters every time we turn around. It's kind of gets bad when people come back, find out that their character is dead, and they leave forever. Hence why diverse ideas expand and kind of go with the flow of the RP more, in my opinion. Feel free to share an opinion on this matter though.

Sixth, people complained when I was enforcing some rules and going along with other rules, so I decided to just leave and disappear for several months. I had to ban one person due to emoness and I didn't want it to be leaked into the RP. So I discontinued that RP and banned that person (which is unbanned now). (It's also a reason why I left Duel Monsters Expert was because of stupidity to the point of no return, and I was catching EVERY detail of a person and making sure that they are suitable for the RP or not.) That's why Nathan is getting the "stare" (along those lines) of Link and me, because I know he ignored Neus when Neus ordered him to stop.

Seventh, I'm not twisting people's arms on staying here or going. If they go, more power to them. If they stay, that's alright as well. But if it is getting to the point where this site is dying again and losing interest, I may have to pull some strings. I'm just watching and seeing. Also, feel free to invite people from other sites as well. I don't mind, but they will have to obey the rules of this forum. (of which I might set up real quickly)
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Hm...I think I got something but I'm unable to word it properly, so if there's more additional conversation added to this, please, let me know because I want to know what you guys prefer in this RP. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm going to recruit more people for our communist par- I mean... Our friendly and casual roleplay! I hope I can help get this forum off its feet again. *Activates Call of the Haunted.*
Back to top Go down
Alice in chains
Alice in chains

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:15 pm

you're killing everyone in s. revolt? Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Alice in chains wrote:

... Well, he's restarting the RP, soooo...
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:32 am

Alice in chains wrote:

You guys didn't pick that choice.
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:44 am

Ryu Kuze wrote:
Alice in chains wrote:

You guys didn't pick that choice.

We're just going to be re-using our characters, but putting them in a new setting. We'll have to edit our backgrounds accordingly. Especially me, since mine pertained to Deivon's character, and Deivon never comes on here anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas   New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New RP - Yes, I'm fresh out of ideas
Page 1 of 1