The Shadows Within
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadows Within

Everyone has a dark half. It's just what you do with it that counts.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
PLEASE READ: If you notice me posting in your Beyond Character Bio, I'm just stating some thoughts for you to consider when you do Act I. ~ Ryu Kuze

RP suggestion box

Go down 
+5
bombboy
Doraemon
Duive
Endless Void
Link
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Link
Hero of Time
Link

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:58 am

Post your ideas/plots/suggestions for the RP and the Administrators will decide if they're okay to run with.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
The Darkness in Everyone's Hearts
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 2:00 am

I'll take over in Link's absence. Go ahead and list any.
Back to top Go down
https://deceitfulshadows.forumotion.net
Duive
Duive

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:02 am

I suggest a little "Dual RPing" in where if you interact with yourself but in a fashion such as this:

Aran watches Lizz take down and clean up the decorations after her little sister's birthday party.
Lizz: "Why dont you go downtown and get some things for me?"
Aran: "Sure"

Just stuff to give your character some options if your idle RPly. Flashbacks are also a great example of this.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 am

Duive wrote:
I suggest a little "Dual RPing" in where if you interact with yourself but in a fashion such as this:

Aran watches Lizz take down and clean up the decorations after her little sister's birthday party.
Lizz: "Why dont you go downtown and get some things for me?"
Aran: "Sure"

Just stuff to give your character some options if your idle RPly. Flashbacks are also a great example of this.

You -technically- already did that and I labeled it as fine.
Back to top Go down
Duive
Duive

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:12 am

Cool I just wanted to make sure I was in the green light still.
But I do think I have a cool arc or plot segment if I may.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:40 am

Duive wrote:
Cool I just wanted to make sure I was in the green light still.
But I do think I have a cool arc or plot segment if I may.

My entire Bio is a plot twist in itself. >.>
Back to top Go down
Duive
Duive

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:54 am

Well I was just thinking as something to go on other than just the current storyline alone. My instant thought when I first read the plot Link posted was wouldnt it just be awesome if Duel Monsers (Or Yugioh) in the RP reflected its RL popularity across the globe. Like, get this, if in the RP Yugioh has been demmed an honorable sport that attracts old and yound alike. Example: Duel Monsters equal status.
Yugioh has evolved so much that it becomes rank alongside Chess. Another Example: Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers start playing yugioh and it gets to the point where they are paid to play and endorse it iconically. After that it becomes the new worldwide "thing". How well you play could someday land you fame and fortune, literally! cheers
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Duive wrote:
Well I was just thinking as something to go on other than just the current storyline alone. My instant thought when I first read the plot Link posted was wouldnt it just be awesome if Duel Monsers (Or Yugioh) in the RP reflected its RL popularity across the globe. Like, get this, if in the RP Yugioh has been demmed an honorable sport that attracts old and yound alike. Example: Duel Monsters equal status.
Yugioh has evolved so much that it becomes rank alongside Chess. Another Example: Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers start playing yugioh and it gets to the point where they are paid to play and endorse it iconically. After that it becomes the new worldwide "thing". How well you play could someday land you fame and fortune, literally! cheers

Eh, mind providing an example? Like how would you make it in the RP?
Back to top Go down
Duive
Duive

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:41 pm

Ok this is an example of my idea: You know how celebrities hold autographing booths? Well just think that instead a duel would suffice. And afterwards you take pictures and stuff but these "cleebrities" are icons meaning they either suck hard or go hard as far as dueling goes. I mean think about it:

Duel Monsters have become such a center of focus that random indutries get behind it and turn it into something bigger than itself. Celebs (RP ones) are paid have amounts of cash to endorse these "Duel Monsters" and heighten their popularity. In turn people view them to be more than just a children's card game, but a means of gaining recognition. Its a cycle. I know it sounds farfetched, but it makes sence. Select individuals (Especially celebs) duel well and produce the power to draw shocking attention to these duels and become a type of "Gladiator plesure" in the eyes of the people and gains the power of the people. Basically think of the music industry and picture Duel Monsters in the same light. Its a win! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:54 pm

The problem is "How would you incorporate that idea into the RP?"
Back to top Go down
Duive
Duive

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:06 am

Give people that option just like the main plot does how the recruiter got Aran and Jess. It can be pre-created and incorporated. As for the endorsers, you could RPly "recruit" them. Just random people that appeal to the recruiter. All it takes is an expansion of thought. Razz
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:26 am

Duive wrote:
Give people that option just like the main plot does how the recruiter got Aran and Jess. It can be pre-created and incorporated. As for the endorsers, you could RPly "recruit" them. Just random people that appeal to the recruiter. All it takes is an expansion of thought. Razz

I think we tried this, but it was never executed due to lack of interest.
Back to top Go down
Duive
Duive

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:30 am

WHAT??!! It cant be...the celeb stuff and global influence stuff too? Or is my whole idea a flop? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:39 am

Duive wrote:
WHAT??!! It cant be...the celeb stuff and global influence stuff too? Or is my whole idea a flop? Shocked

I seriously think that it wouldn't work because there's no back influence in the current RP.
Back to top Go down
Duive
Duive

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 am

Thats what I was thinking when I came up with this idea. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Doraemon
Doraemon

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 am

The creation of a dueling robot cat with the ability to learn from experience and whatnot. 'Nuff said. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:21 am

Doraemon wrote:
The creation of a dueling robot cat with the ability to learn from experience and whatnot. 'Nuff said. 'Nuff said.

Didn't you already do that?
Back to top Go down
Doraemon
Doraemon

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 12:16 am

That's the whole point. cat
Back to top Go down
bombboy
bombboy

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: New Arc   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:33 pm

Hey link i got this idea here it is

With the Fall of the society the resistance gains control of the city now called as the New Society, there also still exist the society known as society #2 who plans on destroying the New society/resistance, however not all seems right, there is a third group manipulating both the society #2 and New Society aka the resistance, they believe that only through "helping" or manipulating from the shadows can true peace be obtain or for their own personal agenda. However something has happened and suddenly the third group has gone from manipulating to actually planning on taking over.

Last edited by bombboy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:36 pm

Doraemon wrote:
That's the whole point. cat

This idea has been declared a "No." by Link. Thank you and try again. >=p
Back to top Go down
Nathan
Nathan

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:51 pm

bombboy wrote:

With the Fall of the society the resistance gains control of the city now called as the New Society, there also still exist the society known as society #2 who plans on destroying the New society/resistance, however not all seems right, there is a third group manipulating both the society #2 and New Society aka the resistance, they believe that only through "helping" or manipulating from the shadows can true peace be obtain or for their own personal agenda. However something has happened and suddenly the third group has gone from manipulating to actually planning on taking over.

My version:

After the fall of the Society, the Resistance takes control and tries to work forward with their objectives for this new world. Making sure the Society never arises again and return true freedom to the city, but they instead fall into the role of those they replaced, using some of the very methods they had once wished to halt. This leads to a new Resistance, that raises from the ashes of the old Society and the old Resistance itself.. but little do both know that they are being munipulated by a third party, a secret orginisation that wishs to fulfill its own agenda.

More vague and I think it allows the read to grasp the point of the story, a lot better. Create a beginning and let them make the ending, nothing too well defined.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 pm

bombboy wrote:

TRANSLATION:

Nathan wrote:
My version:

After the fall of the Society, the Resistance takes control and tries to work forward with their objectives for this new world. Making sure the Society never arises again and return true freedom to the city, but they instead fall into the role of those they replaced, using some of the very methods they had once wished to halt. This leads to a new Resistance, that raises from the ashes of the old Society and the old Resistance itself.. but little do both know that they are being munipulated by a third party, a secret orginisation that wishs to fulfill its own agenda.

More vague and I think it allows the read to grasp the point of the story, a lot better. Create a beginning and let them make the ending, nothing too well defined.

I'll let Link handle the decision.
Back to top Go down
Link
Hero of Time
Link

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:36 pm

See the thing with that is, I don't want the RP to go into a loop.

I.E.

1# Resistance vs. Society

2# Resistance destroys Society

3# Resistance becomes the Society

4# Society becomes the Resistance

(Repeat point #1)

Though I do like the idea of a third organization that was let's say being Neutral during the first Arc and decides to unfold their plans since the Society was taken care of. I would like to build around that idea some more but as for the Resistance being the "New Society" and the Society being the "New Resistance" I'm going to have to say no on that.
Back to top Go down
bombboy
bombboy

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 pm

Thats perfectly reasonable and by the way i do plan on my character hinting at the third group
Back to top Go down
Link
Hero of Time
Link

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm

Well don't hint at anything just yet, I want to just have a smooth ride with this current Plot and not try to add too much to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RP suggestion box Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP suggestion box   RP suggestion box I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP suggestion box
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadows Within :: Old Files/Threads :: Old Topics-
Jump to: