The Shadows Within
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadows Within

Everyone has a dark half. It's just what you do with it that counts.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
PLEASE READ: If you notice me posting in your Beyond Character Bio, I'm just stating some thoughts for you to consider when you do Act I. ~ Ryu Kuze

Question for Link

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:11 pm

So will you start getting people to actually come here, Link?
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
The Darkness in Everyone's Hearts
Endless Void

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:44 am

I split that topic and modified the title so Link can wander in here. No off-topic stuff in the Update Log, please. I only separated the Update Log with my own Update ideas is because I'm currently using it to show people what's going on with my end.
Back to top Go down
https://deceitfulshadows.forumotion.net
Link
Hero of Time
Link

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:02 am

It's not really in my best interest to drag people here. I'll spread the word around sure but I wont be all "ZOMG JOIN THE FORUMS!" If they want to join then they'll join.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:19 am

...You know....I was thinking of a scenario that I can't get out of.

What if we bring in more people and they turn out to be the same inactivity people as before? No offense to anyone, but yes, we do need some people, but we need people to come back to this forum and bring up the inactivity a bit.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Link
Hero of Time
Link

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:23 am

Well in my opinion, we would need to find out why a lot of people left. Whatever it was that made them leave is preventing them from returning. So if we know what it was and fix it then maybe people will have enough interest to actually come back and Post/RP.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:57 am

And no offense to anyone...if you are going to vacate for several days, please let a substitute step in and actually keep the RP going. Whenever a person mysteriously "vanishes", RPs die. Just throwing that out there.
Back to top Go down
Link
Hero of Time
Link

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:05 am

None taken, and I have already apologized for my absence so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:55 pm

You know, I'm not the type of person who manages to keep posting in an RP several times in one day. That might be one of the reasons why a couple people don't come here anymore.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
Endless Void

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Endless Void wrote:
And no offense to anyone...if you are going to vacate for several days, please let a substitute step in and actually keep the RP going. Whenever a person mysteriously "vanishes", RPs die. Just throwing that out there.

Natalya wrote:
You know, I'm not the type of person who manages to keep posting in an RP several times in one day. That might be one of the reasons why a couple people don't come here anymore.

As I said, a substitute is needed. No offense to anyone, but if there's a duel that needs to be done, and someone goes off doing who knows what, and leaving the other person to wait. Eventually, the person will snap and try to make something of it.

I understand that people don't post every day. If you know that something's going on and you still want to be in it, I suggest going third party and post for your character development, until you have time to go into a main party and actually consider doing something.

Leaving without saying a word beforehand REALLY set the stage for people just saying "Screw this. I'm taking the initiative and actually doing something."

That's what Other and I were doing before you snapped Natalya. His character was going to save mine, and he was going to search out the person that screwed up my character's eyes, which would lead to a duel AND the RP wasn't dead. That's the only thing we were doing, and both of us planned it by PMing each other and keeping each other informed.

~~~~~~

That's the situation that I saw happen in Yu-gi-oh! Destiny's Stories, before you snapped. As soon as you snapped, people decide to walk away from your RP. I'm sorry for being blunt, but that's what I saw happening.

EDIT: The same scenario can be said for any conversations between characters as well.
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator
Natalya

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:55 am

Sorry. If I had known about this, I would have never reacted so. I thought that was Other's way of saying "screw you for not doing anything." That's how I interpreted it. Next time, I'll approach such an issue more discretely and with a much more level head. Suffice to say, I was stressed at the time; what an excuse, huh?
Back to top Go down
Link
Hero of Time
Link

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:31 am

Okay I think we're done with this question, I answered it lol. If you want to continue this discussion, please make a new topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question for Link Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question for Link   Question for Link I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for Link
Page 1 of 1