The Shadows Within
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Shadows Within

Everyone has a dark half. It's just what you do with it that counts.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
PLEASE READ: If you notice me posting in your Beyond Character Bio, I'm just stating some thoughts for you to consider when you do Act I. ~ Ryu Kuze

S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within

Go down 
+4
Echo
Ruduen
Link
Endless Void
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruduen
Retired Moderator
Ruduen

S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:13 pm

"It seems you're about as hot-headed as I expected." Tabor grinned for a moment before he quickly flipped one of his cards, watching as his crane caught flame. "Trap, activate! Scattering Sheets!"

The sheets of paper that made up the crane quickly spread apart again, the sparks on them vanishing as they spun around his body.

"By returning my crane to my hand and removing another 2 cards from my deck, I can special summon another monster..."

The sheets gathered around him before forming again, another creature slowly taking shape.

"Now, come forth, Paper Tiger!"

The head of the tiger formed first, its featured all springing slowly into place. Next came its neck and body, its legs bent and ready as it formed, before its hind and tail curved into place.

Level 5/2200/2000

"Now, by all means, charge in if you wish."

-----

Scattering Sheets
Normal Trap
Activate this card by releasing one face-up "Paper" monster on your side of the field and removing from play the top 2 cards in your deck. Special Summon one "Paper" monster with a Level equal to the Level of the selected card + 2 from your hand or Deck to your side of the field.

Paper Tiger
Level 5/Plant/Earth
2200/2000
Effect: When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle, you can remove from play from the top of your Deck a number of cards equal to the Level of the destroyed monster in order to Special Summon one "Paper" monster from your Deck equal to that number.
Back to top Go down
RedKage
RedKage

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:34 pm

"You must be blind. My monster still has move attack points then you do!" Clayton laughed at Tabor's pitiful attempt to counter him. "A crane or a tiger, paper is still paper, and paper is just fuel for the fire. Now then, Black Charcoal, continue your attack against this fool's Paper Tiger!"

Black Charcoal once again charged forward and swung at the Paper Tiger.

Black Charcoal (2500 ATK) Vs. Paper Tiger (2200 ATK)
Back to top Go down
Link
Hero of Time
Link

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:50 pm

James watched the Duel going on in the Arena incentively, not realizing that Tabor had left.

"Hmm? Where did Tabor go?" thought James as he searched the crowd for his friend. "This duel doesn't really concern me so I'll just head on out." James said to himself as he began to leave the Arena.

"Yo Ryuho, tell me the outcome of this duel via your COM-Link." said James as he waved good-bye to Ryuho.

"Might as well go see Reeve and figure out what's going on." said James yawning. "Man walking down these halls is always a pain." James said.
Back to top Go down
Kpemz
Kpemz

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:21 pm

"Aww, leaving so soon James? This duel is just beginning to heat up, or should i say cool down." he said with a bit of a chuckle staring at the field where the duel was taking place as it was starting to cover in ice.

"Well alright, I guess i can tell you who wins the duel through the COM-Link. Do you have any opinions on who is going to win this one? Things are looking bad for Souji right now but, hey who knows duels can allways change in the blink of an eye." he said watching the duel intently.

"Go do whatcha gotta do james."

"Come on Mr. Souji! Melt that ice! Show me some tricks up your sleeve!" Ryuho shouted as loud as he could so Souji might be able to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Ruduen
Retired Moderator
Ruduen

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 pm

"You had your second chance to think things through. No third chances. My other facedown: Strengthening Solution!" A large bubble of blue fluid materialized into the air, before falling onto the tiger, coating it in a liquid of the same color. Stripes of darker color appeared upon its body, its patterns more visible now.

"My solution increases the attack of a paper monster by 100 for every level that it is. And my Paper Tiger is a level 5!"

2700 ATK/2000 DEF

Tabor watched as the tiger began to retaliate. "You think that paper's so easy to burn? I'm well aware of what fire can do, and I'm quite capable of handling it."

-----

Strengthening Solution
Trap Card
Activate while you control a face-up "Paper" monster. Equip this card to that monster. Increase the equipped monster's ATK by its Level x 100. If the equipped monster is destroyed, decrease the ATK of all monsters on your opponent's side of the field by the equipped monster's Level x 100.
Back to top Go down
Souji Seta
Persona User
Souji Seta

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 pm

"Tch..." Souji covered his face as the freezing orbs shot past Izanagi and then hit him. Although there wasn't any real damage the Solid Vision still added the nice effect of cooling the arena, "...Geeeez, that's cold. Brrrr..."

Souji then stood up straight and got back into his dueling stance.

Souji - 3800
vs.
Echo - 4000
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Echo closed his eyes and smiled.

"Aww."

He gave the field a good look.

"Thats it for now, I end my turn."

He smiled a bit, happy that he was able to get the first hit on his opponent, but still not satisfied due to him not being able to destroy the monster.
Back to top Go down
RedKage
RedKage

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:05 pm

Clayton could only watch as the paper tiger slashed it's claw right through his Black Charcoal monster. At first it looked like Black Charcoal survived the attack, but then all of a sudden it's upper body began to slide off to the side before the entire monster fell to pieces and exploded. Clayton gave a grunt as the impact hit him, reducing his lifepoints.

Clayton's Lifepoints 4000 to 3800

Right away on the screen, it showed the sprinkers suddenly springing to life and covering the two agents with water but for only three seconds before shutting off immediately, barely getting the agents wet.

"You're going to wish you didn't do that!" Clayton yelled. "I activate my trap card, Backfire! When a FIRE monster on my side of the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, I can inflict 500 points of damage to your Life Points!" As he spoke, the trap card flipped face up, then fired a tongue of flame that lashed at Tabor. On the screen the two agents were once again lowered down closer to the flames. IN no time all the water they had received from the brief shower evaporated from the heat they were being exposed to.

"Now every time you hit me, I'll burn you back. It'll only take a few more hits before it comepletely depletes your lifepoints. Now, I activate the second effect of my Charcoal Grill. Whenever a Charcoal monster of mine is destroyed, I can special summon an Ember token!" A tiny flicker of flame suddenly appeared on the field, soon forming a mischievous little face before switching to defense position. "I'll also set one card face down, then end my turn!"

----

Ember Token
Level 1, Fire
Pyro
500/500

Last edited by RedKage on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Souji Seta
Persona User
Souji Seta

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:09 pm

"Draw!" Souji quickly drew his new card. Now with 4 cards in hand he quickly decided what his next move would be, "I activate this field spell! Shadow World!" He quickly slammed the card into the field slot and suddenly the card activated.

Soon, a blinding mist spewed from out of nowhere and seemed to completely cover the area. Suddenly, a rumble was heard and soon a strange stage-like structure appeared to their left side. However, the most bizarre part had yet to come...the mist cleared from the center of the duel suddenly re-revealing Echo and Souji to one another, as well as their monsters but the floor was covered in a strange painting that looked like this.

Souji merely smiled proudly as the field finally started to settle down, "...while this field is active, my Persona monsters cannot be targetted by the effects of any cards."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Echo stood his ground bravely. The draft from the fields changing causing his hair to blow with it.

'Hmm..'

Waiting for the mist to clear, he observed the area. His eyes widening a bit as the mist finally cleared.

'Bodies?..' he thought to himself as Souji explained the effect of his field.

"I see, please continue then." His eyes closed half way, deeply peering across the field.

'No matter... My combo will leave you left in chills..' He thought to himself, his eyes becoming colder as he took a second look at the field, monsters, then back t Souji.
Back to top Go down
Souji Seta
Persona User
Souji Seta

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:32 pm

"Now I summon! Persona - Jiraiya!" As Souji placed the card a small frog appeared in the monster zone. Suddenly in a flash, the frog was gone and in its place was now a frog, ninja, humanoid type looking creature. It had ninja stars attached to its hands and its outfit looked...really REALLY retro.

S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 CardJiraiya

"Does this pass by your 2 face-downs, Echo?" Souji said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 pm

"I'm afraid not.."

He glared. "I'll activate the trap card "Freezing of God!" He yelled, swiping his arm to the side of him as the face down card rose and revealed itself.
S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 FreezingOfGod
"When I have 2 or more water monsters on the field, none of your monsters can use any effects for the rest of the turn."

His glare turned into a challenging grin, his eyes closed half way almost as if he were being sassy. "Leaving your monsters out in the cold."

Last edited by Echo on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruduen
Retired Moderator
Ruduen

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Tabor winced slightly as he took the lash of flame, but he held steady. "My tiger isn't done with you yet! Since it destroyed your monster, I can remove the top three cards in my deck in order to Special Summon Paper Tortoise, in defense mode!"

A few more sheets appeared, spreading from the top of his deck onto the field. Its form slowly took shape, spreading upwards from flat on the ground and turning into a turtle.

"Now, then, my turn!" He pulled the top card from his deck, looking at it with a slight frown. "I'll have to make do. As long as I break even..." He muttered quietly to himself before turning back to his opponent.

"I activate the continuous spell, Second Fold! Each time a Paper monster changes battle position, I get to add one counter to it, and with enough..." His voice quieted down as he turned back to see the two held close to the flame. "I'll be able to turn this around."

He shook himself back to it before shouting. "I switch Paper Tortoise into attack mode! Then, Paper Tiger, attack Charcoal Inpachi!"

-----

Paper Tortoise
Level 3/Plant/Earth
600 ATK/2000 DEF
When this card is destroyed by battle, you can remove from play 3 cards from the top of your deck. If you do, you can select 1 "Paper" monster among the removed cards and Special Summon it.

Second Fold
Continuous Spell
Each time a "Paper" monster changes battle position, place 1 Fold Counter on this card. Once per turn, by removing any number of Fold Counters from this card, the following effect from below is applied:
-1: Change the battle position of one face-up "Paper" monster on your side of the field.
-2: Change the battle position of one face-up monster on the field.
-3: Select one "Paper" monster that is removed from play and place it on top of your deck.

Last edited by Ruduen on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Souji Seta
Persona User
Souji Seta

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:00 am

"Fine then, not much else I can do this turn..." Souji said regrettably. This fight was a bit harder than he through it was going to be. Without effects this turn his monsters were sitting ducks, "...I set one more face-down card and I change Izanagi to defense mode...and end my turn."

He lowering his gaze to his duel disk and hoping that he'd pull through this duel.
Back to top Go down
RedKage
RedKage

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:10 am

Once again the Paper Tiger jumped at Clayton's monster, and it's paper claws slashed and shredded Charcoal Inpachi into small pieces. Clayton gave a sharp cry as his life points lowered further, and on the screen the sprinklers came on to douse the agents, this time lasting longer than the last time. The two agents gave sighs of some relief as their bodies cooled down, but before they could enjoy it the shower was over.

Clayton's Life Points: 3800 => 3300

"Don't get too cocky, yet, I activate my trap card, Pyrolysis! When a Fire type monster I control is destroyed by a monster other than a machine or rock type, I can destroy that monster to add one monster with 'Charcoal' in it's name to my hand!" From his deck Clayton pulled out "White Ash Charcoal," then a wall of fire surrounded Paper Tiger. Paper Tiger attempted to escape, but it was too late, it caught on fire and burned into ash in the blink of an eye.

"Now don't you forget, the punishment for destroying one of my fire type monsters is another 500 points of damage, and I also get to summon another Ember token!" Right next to the first token, an identical monster appeared, switching to defense mode.

----

Pyrolysis
Trap Card
When a FIRE type monster you control is destroyed in battle by a monster other than a machine or a rock type, destroy the monster that destroyed it and add one "Charcoal" monster from your deck to your hand.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:24 am

Echo grinned. "My move.."

He raised his disk to his face then drew, his eyes growing strong, looking at the card in his hand.

"This is it..." He said softly, the mist from both of Souji's field and his ice were spreading on the field.

"I'll summon Frost Pixie! In defence mode!"

S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 FrostPixie

He searches through his deck, picking a card then sliding his deck back into his duel disk. The deck automatically being shuffled.

"Now.. I'll activate the magic card "Prayer In Ice!!" the field begins to glow, the chills from the ice froming around them resonating off of the ground as he waited to see if Souji had any responses.

S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 PrayerInIce

Last edited by Echo on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Souji Seta
Persona User
Souji Seta

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:30 am

Souji didn't like this one bit. He was about to be faced with a strong ritual monster and he could tell. However, at the same time in the back of his mind...he was enjoying the challenge. It had been a while since he had last dueled and an even longer while since he had a tough opponent. He was not going to let this duel end without enjoying himself a little.

He drew in a long breath with his eyes closed. As he slowly released it, he opened his eyes and they seemed to have an odd look of enjoyment and confidence in them.

"...Okay Echo! Let's do this! Show me what you got! No responses from me!" Souji said with excitement in his voice and a grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:52 am

"Alright! Then Prepare yourself!" He grinned. This duel kept making him more and more excited. It had gotten to the point to where he had even forgotten the deal.. Well.. more like it just didn't matter anymore.

"I'll tribute my Frost Sorcerer and my Frost Pixie!"

The two monsters slowly faded into shards of ice. The field shining, and swarming blue light surrounding them.

He closed his eyes, his face growing soft. "Soul striving in search of the only love you had.. You're prayers heard, you're heart is reborn!" He chanted, raising his hand as the arena began to shake a bit. Pillars of ice bursting throught the ground.

"Ritual Summon! Resonate! Frost Goddess - Boreas!!!"

The ice rummbled then shattered, leaving a large light behind, a cold mist forming as a figure appeard. A woman like spirit with wings made of ice, long blue hair, and a long dress that was made of crystals.

S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 FrostGoddess-Boreas

Last edited by Echo on Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Souji Seta
Persona User
Souji Seta

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:14 am

"Wow..." Souji was in awe. That monster was quite a sight to behold. He wasn't sure why but he felt a weird calmness come over him from just her presence.

"Um...oh right, I'm dueling." he said to himself after shaking his head a few times, "Um...yeah that's fine. Go ahead and attack if you dare!" he declared standing firm.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:23 am

Echo saw a calm look over come Souji's face. For some reason, he couldn't stop looking.

Finally, Souji spoke, snapping Echo out of his trance. 'Stay focused! You have to show this guy tht your not like everyone else.. Show him how strong you are!'

"I'll activate the effect of my Frost Goddess! Once per turn, I can negate the effect of one card with a "Frost Counter" on it! I choose your field spell!"

He grinned, giving a sassy look to Souji. "So now your monsters effects can't be activated, and they aren't safe from my other card effects.."
Back to top Go down
Souji Seta
Persona User
Souji Seta

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:33 am

"Ugh...I can't do anything! But for some reason I'm not angry about it!" Souji said out loud. He wasn't sure why he felt this way or why he said it out loud, but that feeling just wouldn't go away.

(Short post is short, lol)
Back to top Go down
Mr Wizard
Mr Wizard

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:38 am

Alright, I'm bored now. I've been through my song 6 times already, and there's still no sign of either of them.

Jisha wasn't going to leave just because of a locked door. She hammered on it for good measure:

"Let me in! I doubt the authorities will be as nice as me about what you're doing!"

Without waiting for a response, she started to scope out the rest of the shop, muttering as she went:

"Greater good my ass!" As she rounded the corner of the building, she noticed a small opening. It wouldn't accommodate her, but it might give some more idea as to what was going on inside. Crouching down to look, she spotted a pretty detailed scene in front of her, whatever it was, it definitely wasn't just a cardshop. Jisha thought she could her sounds floating back through the opening, but they were muffled and very soft, so she could be mistaken. There was no-one in view from the hole, but she got an idea, fishing out some low-denomination coins (Oh so generously 'donated' by those Society officers), she threw them into the hole, clinking and pinging as they went.

Hopefully that'll get somebody's attention...
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 1:42 am

"Now Boreas! Attack Jiraiya! Winter Blitz!"

Ice pillars crashed out of the ground at high speeds as my monster dashed through them, her wings spreading as she jumped into the air. The wings becoming blades. She yelled as she dove down and sliced through all of the pillars and Jiraiya aswell, the reflection in the pillars showing Jiraiya's destruction. As a large wave came after the attack.

Echo grinned and looked at Souji. "So did you like my little move?" He gave a cute but challenging look and ending his turn.
Back to top Go down
Souji Seta
Persona User
Souji Seta

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 am

Souji - 2800
vs.
Echo - 4000

"Hold on there, you can't end your turn just yet...because I have a chain!" He said finally revealing the card that had been set since the beginning of the duel, "Its time to show you...why I waited all this time...reveal face-down card! Free Spirits!"

Free Spirits
Trap Card
Special summon 2 Spirit Tokens(Level 3/Fiend/800/800) to your side of the field in face-up defense position. You cannot normal or speciia summon during this turn.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Echo

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 2:30 am

He smiled. "Fine." He ended his turn after the chain.

'Since he activated his trap on my turn, he's still able to summon. It was a smart move.'

He observed the field. 'Izanagi, level 4 with an attack of 1800 and now 2 tokens, level 3 with an atk/def of 800.' He closed his eyes half way. 'Naturally, it would seem like I have the advantage.. but.. I don't know what to expect from him.'

He grinned a bit, 'but.. he's mistaken if he thinks my combo is over..' He thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within   S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S. Revolt Act I: The Darkness Within
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next