The Shadows Within

Everyone has a dark half. It's just what you do with it that counts.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
PLEASE READ: If you notice me posting in your Beyond Character Bio, I'm just stating some thoughts for you to consider when you do Act I. ~ Ryu Kuze

Share | 

Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Natalya
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:58 am

(Notes at bottom to avoid spoilers.)

Lorelei worked diligently on the laptop on the metal table she sat at. She was currently programming damaged Duel Runner which was involved in a duel with one of the Darkwater mercenaries. Its hull was almost totaled, its motherboard virtually fried, and the duel disk was only partially operational. However, Lorelei's splendid programming and engineering managed to nurse the Duel Runner almost to its original state. She picked up a twenty ounce bottle of soda, opened it, and took a sip.

Then suddenly things became hectic.

Lorelei coughed, wiping the beverage off of herself. She was shocked by the sudden alarm. Although used to it for the most part, when she tried to drink, it made her jump. The red lights and obnoxious alarm had alerted the entire structure; the building was an old garage that had been refurbished and used as an engineering and repair center for the Vindicators. When Lorelei finished drying off the soda on her and desk and keyboard, she picked up the handgun next to the laptop, and holstered it onto her hip. Hopefully she wouldn't need it. Most encounters involved no firearms, but you had to be prepared.

On her way through the hallway - while several Vindicators were shuffling out of the rooms - Lorelei began communicating with the electronic watch on her wrist which relayed video/audio messages.

"Hikaru-sama," she said to the black-haired, green-eyed man sitting at his laptop, "Red-Eyes Street is under attack. We're on our way out to engage. Most of our duelists are still recovering, so place reinforcements on reserve. I'll let you know when we need them."

"Expecting another battle royale?," asked Hikaru.

"I hope not," Lorelei replied.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

"Come on out unarmed or we won't be too peaceful!," shouted the Darkwater squad leader through the megaphone, "You have our men locked up in there and we want 'em back! We've got you surrounded, idiots!" The Darkwater mercenaries all wore black leather jackets that bore their company's symbols.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

(You can start out inside the base as a Vindicator or locked up in the basement there as a Darkwater, or be involved in the attacking squadron. You can also be a Vindicator back at the headquarters on reserve; same applies in Darkwater's scenario. If none of these aforementioned situations applies (i.e. you're a citizen), then make an RP that somehow gets you closely integrated into the issue. Either way, I want people to be either ready to join, or immediately in the setting, not several miles away. If the set-up is awkward, I'm sorry; PM me and I'll help elaborate, if necessary.)
Back to top Go down
Other

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:31 am

A man with strange orange hair and a leather jacket was just sitting on his chair rocking it back and forth with his legs on the table. "Man Lorelei gets all the fun getting to face some Darkwater scum while I'm just sitting here useless. It's alright though if anything goes wrong I'm the first one out there hehe." The strange orange haired man sat there just laughing with his eyes closed while the alarm kept on ringing.

"Man this alarm is annoying. Maybe I should check on Lorelei and how she's doing out there."
The man proceeded to pull out a strange walkie talkie looking device he decided to talk into it " Yo Lorelei! Hows it going, is everything alright out there? Need some reinforcements?" The man waited eagerly for a response
Back to top Go down
Duive

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Junpei walked past a few heaps of scrap junk looking for some spare parts to buy and for something more..

"You finding what you need sonny?" said the Trade Shop owner in an old and fatigued voice.

"Yeah..just looking for something extra..!" Junpei replied as he dug through a few piles.

"Alright just take ya time kiddo." said the elder as he took a si from his lemonade.

Junpei soon found something that caught his eye. He decided to take a trip around the corner and found a small piece of paper.

"Alright with this its complete! Huh? Pfft just some piece of paper." Junpei said with a chuckle in his voice.

As he took a closer look, he found that the piece of paper was wrapped into the shape of a card. Junpei unfolded it to find a card.

"Will that be all, young man?" said the owner.

"Yeah and this too." Junpei said as he placed the card on the counter.

"Oh ya dont find those often round here no tellin how many of them "Junk Cards" ya gonna find out there. I even found a few myself." the man reached into the pocket of his overalls and pulled out 10 cards.
"Here you can have 'em. Maybe you can find some use for them." the owner said as he handed Junpei the cards.

As Junpei walked back towards his place he looked at the card he found and the one the old man gave him.

"...Armored Axon Kicker..Cabalist...Mental Protector...Psycho Whorled...Vortex Trooper..Wall Creator...Vengeful Servant...Krebons...Sangan...Man-Eater Bug...Mask of Darkness...and this one...Mind Master." Junpei said with slight awe.

"Tch...These suck. My deck is much stronger than these things." Junpei said as he placed them in his pocket and continued on his way back.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
The Darkness in Everyone's Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 pm

While the shouting was going on in Red-Eyes Street, Hiro was laying down covered in blood. He started gasping for air, but no one was hearing the moans that came from his mouth. Muttering to himself, all he could see was nothing but black. Realizing that his head was hurting, he put his hand over his face, trying to feel what was going on. He felt some sort of sticky substance where his hand laid. He slowly came to the conclusion that there was an injury where his eyes were, however, it was slowly becoming to subside by placing the hand on his face. He began to listen to the surroundings and noticed a bunch of yelling, but he could only tell that one side wanted his men back. Unfortunately, he didn't know what to do because his sight was no longer there due to a confrontation with Darkwater soldiers.

*FLASHBACK*

(Timeframe: 2 hours ago)

(Hiro: 200 Life Points)(Darkwater Member: 3000 Life Points)

Hiro had no cards on the Field, and the Darkwater Member had a Malefic Cyber End Dragon with Skill Drain on the Field. Hiro lost his balance and went down to one knee, slowly catching his breath from losing too many monsters. However, the Darkwater Member attacked with Malefic Cyber End Dragon, causing a massive explosion of Hiro's duel disk, knocking him back first into the ground. However, the Darkwater member smiled as he pulled out a knife at the unconscious Hiro, stabbing his face repeatedly, before walking out of the area.
Back to top Go down
http://deceitfulshadows.forumotion.net
Duive

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 am

Junpei made his way down a familar road as he carried his small part back to his home.

"Ok now I need to get a modulator tommorrow for that and a leveler for this and..." Junpei went over his list in his head.
"Oh yeah and some oil for my engine..."

"You there." a man said stepping out of the shadows.
The man raised his duel disk and turned it on.
"I challenge you to a game.." said the man with a hazy look in his eyes and a slight grin on his face.

"A game? You must mean dueling. Alright Im down with that. Lets see what you got." Junpei said with a slight air of confidence.

------- 17 minutes later-----

"Go Gene-Warped Warwolf attack directly!" Junpei said as he pointed at his opponent.

"Well that was too easy.." Junpei said as he looked back and the man was gone.

"Where did he go..?"

Junpei looked around where he saw the man stand last an found a peculiar piece of paper with a eerie insignia on it.

"What's this?" Junpei picked up the small piece of paper that felt damp and cold at the touch.

"Well whatever it is Hiro should know!" Junpei ran back to his place with his parts he bought.
Back to top Go down
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Hiro began to move around slightly, and began to feel around for a hard surface to lean against. He felt a cold metal rest against his hand as he started to think to himself, "Maybe, all that dueling is just a game for people that want to strip people of their hopes. (sigh) Whatever that clan was, it wasn't friendly. I personally don't know if my sight will ever come ba-..." His arm started throbbing as he leaned his back against a freezer.

He thought, "Man, am I hopeless?" as the shouting continues in Red-Eyes Street.
Back to top Go down
Duive

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:17 am

Junpei arrived at his humble abode as he saw a famliar sight. His older brother, Hiroshi, was hard at work on his labtop in their run-down shack of a home.

"Hey Hiro. I got some new parts for your stuff." Junpei said as he placed the parts on the table.

Hiro looked at Junpei with an examining glance.

"Junpei why are you all worked up?" Hiro asked why leaning to the side typing the last words to the sentance he was on.

Hiro then wheeled around and got up to meet Junpei and pick up one of the parts Junpei brought back and kept his eyes on Junpei as he held the part in his hand and kept the other hand in his pocket.

"Well I did have this duel with a man and he dropped this." Junpei said as he handed it to Hiro.

"Hm..it might be those duel gangs thinking they can push others around using a stack of cards and some cheap low down tactics." Hiro said with an even tone.
"So as you know Junpei I've been working on a Duel Runner that way I can go to each area and bust those gangs up." Hiro said as he continued working on his project.

"Yeah I know." Junpei said as he watched his brother work.
"I know that you'll be able to do it. You cant lose." Junpei thought while smiling.
Back to top Go down
Duive

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:10 am

"Heh. Why do you keep calling me Hiro, Junpei?" Hiro said with a chuckle.

"Why do you call me Junpei, eh?" Junpei said with a hardy laugh.

Hiro kept working on his project, a Duel Runner. Hiro started running an analysis of the parts placed on the scanner.

"Anyways...Hiroshi, Hiro...same thing." Junpei said with his eyes closed and leaning against the wall.

"Junpei. It's time we went out for a walk. I can't remember the last time I went outside." Hiro said with an even tone.

"Sure where are we going?" asked Junpei.

"What do we usually do on this day, Junpei?" Hiro pointed toward the calendar.

"Right...wait you finally completed your deck Hiro? Junpei asked with anticipation.

"Yes. And I'm ready to beat them at their own game." Hiro said with a serious expression while picking up his duel disk.

As Hiro and Junpei walked from their home, they realized the fight they were about to pick and began walking down an old road.
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:48 pm

Lorelei looked at her watch, and replied to the person attempting to grab her attention. "That won't be necessary," she replied dismissively, "these idiots are in the palms of our hands as it is." Lorelei made her way to the garage, placing on her helmet while doing so. She switched her D-Wheel online and began to rev the engine. She began to operate her D-Wheel's computer, then pressed a button on the touch-screen.

"What the hell?!," shouted the Darkwater squad-captain. Supposed propane tanks surrounding the garage began releasing chaffsmoke. The Darkwater mercenaries were stuck in the smokescreen while the Vindicators took an underground emergency route linked to the building. Lorelei took the lead, and pressed another button on her D-Wheel's monitor. She entered a password on the keyboard, and a door at the end of the dark tunnel opened. It was cleverly disguised as a segment of the asphalt.

The Vindicators were escaping. However, it seemed that several Darkwater mercenaries had recovered from the confusion and were in hot pursuit. Lorelei began to slow down her D-Wheel, so that she could meet eye-to-eye with the Darkwater commander. Both made eye contact; the Darkwater commander glared furiously, but Lorelei gave her usual "I'm better than you" stare.

"Duel me," she said. The Darkwater commander laughed his ass off as this remark, doing so even when reaching for his firearm. "Why should I do that when I can just finish my job right now and go home?" Lorelei's eyes narrowed, "What's the matter? You're not afraid I'll defeat you, are you? After all, if you're as good as you guys think you are, then it shouldn't take long." The mercenary grunted, "Unfortunately, I don't take well to my skill being questionably poked at. Alright, you saved yourself for a few minutes, I guess. But you've made an even bigger mistake in the process!" The commander pressed a button on his D-Wheel.

"Duel Mode on—Autopilot, standby."

Lorelei: 4000
Commander: 4000

A squad of Vindicators continued driving away, with some Darkwaters on their trail. One of Lorelei's lieutenants was riding down the street. He directed the squad to diverge onto the highway, but then he noticed someone underneath one of the overpasses, bleeding profusely.

"Distract these guys for me," ordered the Vindicator lieutenant, "I see some guy hurt; gotta go help him out or some Dickwaters might pull over for him." He slowed down his D-Wheel so he could fall to the middle of the group. A couple Vindicators in the back activated their chaffsmoke dispensers on their D-Wheels, which left a smokescreen for the Darkwaters to get, yet again, caught up in. Chaos ensued as there were a couple collisions.

The lieutenant pulled over and ran toward Hiro, "Hey, you! Are you breathing? Don't worry, I'm gonna go get you some help, alright? Just stay calm; you could say I'm one of the good guys."
Back to top Go down
Endless Void

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 pm

***FLASHBACK***

(Several years ago)

Hiro, (now as a child), was watching through the sorrow, over and over again, as his parents were reported missing. He kept on solemnly to himself, bearing the entire sorrow within himself, as he began to walk into alleyways...finding his way home where no one will even take care of him. He sat down near the alleyway, inside a cardboard box, crying to himself that his parents that he loved are no longer there to support him.

***END FLASHBACK***

As he heard some people talking, Hiro, with all of his remaining strength said, "...Malefic...Cyber...End....Dragon...", before he went unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Natalya
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:27 am

The lieutenant carried Hiro by arm around his shoulder to his D-Wheel. "I should probably call an ambulance," he said to himself, "but I have to get this guy out of here now." He hoisted Hiro onto his D-Wheel, sitting him on the back of the seat. He fetched a couple bungee cords from the small truck on the back, and used to them tie Hiro's arms together around his abdomen. This way, Hiro couldn't fall off.

Lorelei had replenished her hand with Mirage of Nightmare's effect, and used Emergency Provisions to get rid of it and its risk, giving her 1000 extra Life Points. Currently, she was staring down Armed Dragon LV10, a monster with a frightening effect akin to Lightning Vortex. It was now her turn, and she drew a card. She looked at it and smirked to herself.

"First, I activate Psychic Cyclone!" The card's hologram appeared next to Lorelei. She then span her D-Wheel about-face and switched her gearshift so she could see the Darkwater mercenary behind her while driving in reverse. "I guess the type of one of your face-down Spell or Trap cards, then I destroy it. If it's the card type I declared, then I draw a card. If not, you draw a card instead." The face-down card next to the mercenary appeared, and Lorelei pointed to it. "Trap card!," Lorelei declared. The card got caught in a blue cyclone that swallowed the card, revealing it to be the trap card Defense Draw. Next, Lorelei drew a card since she guessed it right. "Too easy," she commented.

"Next I summon the Tuner monster, Mind Master!" A floating machine with a brain kept inside it and with wiggly arms emerged from a blue-white vortex. "Then I activate Emergency Teleport!" The card appeared, "This card allows me to Special Summon, from my deck, a level 3 or lower Psychic-type monster. It will be destroyed during my End Phase. I choose Krebons!" From a red vortex in the ground, Krebon appeared, juggling what seemed to be Tetris cubes with his mind. "Then I activate Psychokinesis. This allows me to destroy a card on your field, but I take 1000 points of damage afterward. I choose Armed Dragon LV10!" A giant violet sphere fired from the card's art and span through the air a bit, then struck the monster and turned into an electrical explosion. The Darkwater mercenary looked at his screen, and it was him who had lost 1000 Life Points.

"Why did I lose life points?!," he shouted, taking notice of a trap card that Lorelei activated.

"I activated Barrel Behind The Door," she replied, "When activated, it switches the effect damage from one card to your Life Points instead." The Darkwater mercenary grimaced.

"What a dirty shot!," he declared.

Lorelei: 2000
Commander: 2200

"You're one to talk about dirty shots!," retorted Lorelei. "Now I activate Mind Master's effect! I pay 800 Life Points and tribute a monster in order to Special Summon a level 4 or lower Psychic-type monster from my deck!" The wiggly hands reached over from Mind Master to Krebons, grappling the jester and throwing him into the air, where he collapsed into a rainbow singularity. "I summon Destructotron from my deck!" The robotic walker with a monitor showing the face of a maleficent man appeared from the vortex, galloping alongside Mind Master.

"I'm tuning my level 1 Mind Master to my level 4 Destructotron!" Mind Master flew into the air until neither Lorelei or the Darkwater could see it. A green ring fell from the Heavens and then Destructotron passed through it.

"The physical and immaterial world collide; reject one-another no longer. Unite and become the light of the future!" Destructotron turned into four white stars, and then into a beam of light that swallowed the green tuning ring. Lorelei held her hand up high in the air.

"Synchro Summon! Emerge, Magical Android!" The auburn-haired woman wearing futuristic clothing appeared, striking a posture similar to Britannia.

"Magical Android, attack!" The woman grabbed her giant, unconventional sword with both hands, and charged at the Darkwater mercenary, slashing him and finishing off his Life Points.

"Damn you!," he shouted at Lorelei as his D-Wheel began to slow down due to him losing the duel, "I'll remember this loss!"

"Another one bites the dust," Lorelei commented to herself, flicking her wrist and extending two fingers. She was projecting the duel to the boy that interrupted her earlier. She wasn't showing off her dueling skills; she was making fun of him for not being around for any of the so-called "fun".
Back to top Go down
Duive

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:10 am

Junpei and Hiro had walked to the other side of the area when they were surrounded by a few duelists wearing matching headbands...
"Hiro..they have duel disks on.." Junpei said as he backed towards his brother.

"Well we have to defeat the quickly and as swiftly as possible. A duel actually attracts more attention than you might think. Even if you can't see it." Hiro said his eyes fixated on one of the duelists surrounding them.

"How, Hiro? It would slow us down way too much.." Junpei said without taking his eyes off of the others surrounding them.

"Listen Junpei, if we defeat them in a duel using exssesive and fat damage, their duel disks are almost certain to blow a fuse or two. If we leave them be, they could get their entire gang at us in no time." Hiro said with mild hastiness.

"Ok, I got it, bro. No holding back at all. Now if only I could tell my deck that..." Junpei said in slight frustration.

"Thats why we team up. And collaberate. If we do that we can take up where the other left off." Hiro said reassuringly.

"Like a Team Battle. Gotcha." Junpei said now beginning to make their predicament make sense.

"Yeah like a Team Battle." Hiro said as he drew his 5 cards.
"I'll start off. I-

Just then a figure jumped out off the hiding behind the small ambushing group of guys.
Sharp, unkept but smooth hair to the figure's shoulders condriticted the unknown person's fighting stature. But possessed a certain grace tha entraced them even more.

"I'll take these three you take two over where you are." commanded the person with a certain confidencein their voice.
Junpei and Hiro obeyed witout hesaitation and defeated thier opponent's soon enough to catch the last few glances of their ally's duel...

"You are finished!" said the one of the guys.
"Yeah no hope now, nwhwha~" said another.
"Just make your last move little urchin...fufufufu.." said the last one

"Hiro that person only has 700 life points left..." Junpei said half ready to jump in

"I know Junpei but its not over. Not by one heck of a longshot." Hiro said closing his eyes and grinning.

"Ok I draw and activate Double Summon! Which allows me to summon twice this turn!" the person placed the card into the graveyard after showing it. "Now I summon my Marauding Captian!" a battle veteran weilding two swords and silver armor landed on the stranger's side of the field. "Now his effect activates! I can now summon a levl 4 or below monster from my hand! I choose Command Knight!" A warrior dawning crimson armor appeared beside the captian. "Of course I still have another Normal Summon!! I choose to summon...Trident Warrior!!" A warrior weilding a trident appeared and joined the other two."Now I summon Comrade Swordsman of Landstar by my Trident Warrior's effect!" a petit knight weilding a small sheild and a questionable sword joined he line. " Now I activate my facedown...Royal Decree! Now traps are useless! Go! Attack the one on the left captian his facedown monster!"
"Hah suffer my Man-Eater Bug!" the insect lunged at Trident Knight.

"No matter now I have you! Go my Captian!"
"Tch..! Gahh..! How did I lose?? I had 1700!" the man felt captian's 2000 attack points.

"How? His attack exceeds your life points or didnt you learn that?" said the figure teasingly.
"Now attack my Trident Knight! Destroy that guy's Giant Soldier of Stone!" the trident pierced th stone warrior easily and turned it into rubble.
"Command Knight finish!" the lady in command slashed the opponent with all her might.

"Wahhhh! Tch... You...I cant believe I lost!" the guy fell back after the attack.

"Now Comrade Swordsman of Landstar attack him directly!" the petit soldier stappe the opponent and withdrew back swiftly.

"Now I activate Twister from my hand and destroy my Royal Decree so that I can activate my Urgent Tuning! Now....I tune my Comrade Swordsman with my Maruading Captian!"

As the duelist's Tuner turned into 3 green aligned rings in the air as Marauding Catian jumped into it and turned into 3 points of light. Then a huge beam of overwhelming light created a straight path.

"Breaking through Fear and Doubt with Earth-Shattering Force! Rush onward! Gaia Knight, Force of the Earth! Show him what true strength is!"

The knight eyes ablaze and body galloping towards its target with force and sent the duelist skidding to where he stopped and looked up as Junpei smiled and said "Now it's MY turn!"
Where Hiro just gave hm a small smile and craked his knuckles. The guy scrambled screaming something along the lines of score settling...

"So..Hiro how did you know the outcome..?" Junpei asked confused.

"Easy. I know her. She doesnt go down easy." said Hiro with a calm tone

"Her?? She??" Junpei said a bit shocked.

"Yeah and from now on call me "Taka". It's..much better that way." Taka said smilng as she extended her hand to Junpei to shake.
Back to top Go down
Other

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Kawaguchi looked at Lorelei's pose after she had won her duel "Typical, none the less from the great Lorelei." He said in a sarcastic tone. "Hey I heard Hiro was hurt pretty bad do you know what happened? And by the way where is Junpei I haven't seen him at all." Kawaguchi just stayed seated in his chair looking out the window it looked as if he was mystified. "I think somethings going on under our noses with the Darkwaters..... just watch out for anything fishy out there for me please." Kawaguchi then looked at his deck for a long time it seemed as if he was having a conversation with it. He then proceeded too mumble this"Deck you and I will never fail each other no matter what happens."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest   

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Destiny Stories: Arc I, The Urban Conquest
Page 1 of 1