The Shadows Within

Everyone has a dark half. It's just what you do with it that counts.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
PLEASE READ: If you notice me posting in your Beyond Character Bio, I'm just stating some thoughts for you to consider when you do Act I. ~ Ryu Kuze

Share | 

Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Endless Void
The Darkness in Everyone's Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:57 am

While asleep, Ilalleer slowly began to think to himself, "Why, Mother? What happened that made you change? Will I fall under the same fate?" He began to dream about what actually happened inside the Crypt:

***DREAM/NIGHTMARE***

Ilalleer's Mother: "Looks like we are almost there. Just a bit further...GAH!"

Her voice began to distort and change as she began to metamorph into a dragon. As Ilalleer's father entered the room, he was stunned to see what was happening to her.

Ilalleer's Father: "What's going on?!"
Ilalleer's Mother: "StAY Back."
Ilalleer's Father: "Maybe Ilalleer was right... We should have done something different."

As Ilalleer's Mother fully transforms into a dragon, Ilalleer's Father stood there stunned as he watched her become no longer human.

Ilalleer's Father: "Ilalleer, may you always find what you are searching for..."

The dragon rushed Ilalleer's Father and tore him to bits.

***END DREAM/NIGHTMARE***

Ilalleer, despite being fully healed by Klen and by his own healing abilities, still sleeps and is suffering from shock and a constant nightmare that his mother, the one that raised him so long ago, tried to kill him and was the one that killed his father.

Last edited by Ryu Kuze on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://deceitfulshadows.forumotion.net
Deivon
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Hidaki looked at the guard and smirked evily, '' Out of my way, worm..'' he said to the guard. The guard replyed with ''What?! You'll regret sayng that boy!'' The guard ran at Hidaki and stabed his lance at him, ''Hmpt.'' Hidaki grunted as he moved his right arm up and brushed the lance away with his armored hand, then used his other to grab the guards face, ''Now.. I want you to die.'' He said slaming the guard into the ground. Hidaki's hand glowed black as he griped the guards face harder, smoke would raise from it like it was burning the skin of the guard. The guard soon grew motionless and was covered with burns, Hidaki got up and left the village like nothing had had happened.

As hidaki headed back to the cave, he started to cough up blood, ''Ugh.. I got abit carryed away, I used to much.'' he said to him self. Hidaki reached the entrance of the cave and noticed new foot prints leading back to the cave, ''Hmm.. Maybe one of the ones that were here yesterday?'' he said as he walked in. Hidaki started to have another coughing fit and fell to the floor coughing up some blood, ''D-dammit.'' he said as he passed out cold on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Ruduen
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Klen bent down quietly to look over the two of them. "My name's Klen. We can worry about the details when your company's back up, too." He quietly glanced over the other on the ground, shaking his head. "Looks like a different kind of trauma... I don't have much experience with that type of thing..."

He quietly glanced over the room before making a slightly irritated noise. "Long story short, I got dragged here, so if you want the details, ask him." He nodded to Byrin before turning back. "What about you two?"
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:17 am

'A different trauma?..' He thought to himself, looking at the ground.

Examining the two men, he didn't sense any hostile nature from them.. But still had an uneasy feeling.

"My name is Echo.." He said looking down. His hair swayed over his face, giving him the appearance of a female.

"We're here because..." He couldn't tell the truth... not only because he didn't want to.. but also because he didn't know it. "We got lost" He lied.
Back to top Go down
Ruduen
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:35 am

Klen simply gave a tired glance at the kid before shaking his head. "Would be nice to get a straight answer sometime." He took another look over the unconscious man, quietly examining him. "Mind explaining how you got those wounds, then?"
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:36 am

Echo looked to the side, his eyes closed half way.

"Monsters.."

He didn't like lying, but it wasn't his business to tell, as well as the fact that he didn't know the complete truth himself. Suddenly, something crossed his mind.

He got up, still holding the scythe, then shot the scythe out, holding the blade towards the two men. Glaring at them intensely.

"You keep asking me questions, but you haven't explained yourself! What are you two doing here?..."

Even though he didn't sense any hostile intent from them, he couldn't just believe the fact that they bumped into each other accidentally. They were here for something... But what?..
Back to top Go down
RedKage

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:50 am

"Oh, I'm just your ordinary treasure hunter." Byrin shrugged, which was true enough. As he talked however, his eyes were constantly on the scythe, not because it was being pointed at him as a threat, no. He was instead looking at what was set in the blade itself, like a shining jewel born from the reaping of flesh, blood and souls. The question was, how would he be able to get it? It didn't look like the kid would be willing to part with it easily, and from what Byrin had seen, neither would the guy it actually belonged to. There was always the brute force method, but Byrin was still recovering himself.

"Ease up a bit already kid, if we wanted to hurt you, this guy over here wouldn't have wasted his magic to patch you up. We mostly came here to escape a few bandits who were chasing after us, but I thought I had heard something down here and we came to investigate. Besides, it was rather fortunate we came, neither of you look like you could stand, let alone fight."
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:33 am

Echo kept the scythe pointed towards the two. Even though the man had a point, something was still a bit fishy about them.

"And what do you want now?.."

He glared straight into the mans eyes. He could tell that the man was hiding something... He just didn't know what..
Back to top Go down
RedKage

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 pm

"Why, treasure of course." Byrin spread his arms out wide. "Why else would a person like me go this far in a monster infested crypt? As a treasure hunter, I'm always looking for riches and gifts from the past...though, if there were any, I'd suppose you'd already taken it. Now don't give me that look, I'm not the kind of person who would steal from a near dead person, whatever you found is yours to keep." For now at least he thought.

"Now, would you stop demanding what am I doing here? Because quite frankly, we can ask you the same exact question. But since that'll be a waste of time, let's just skip all the pleasantries and simply get you both patched up?"
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Echo kept still for a second before slowly lowering the scythe. "Fine.."

He looked at Ilalleer. 'I don't trust these people... but for now.. they can help you..' He thought to himself, looking back to the man.

"We should leave... The monsters will smell the blood soon and gather up.." He said as he knelt down to Ilalleer.
Back to top Go down
RedKage

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:59 pm

"Right, right, I'll take care of Mr. Sleepy head there." Byrin said as he went up to the unconscious man and hoisted the guy up. "Oofph...Ain't much of a lightweight is he?" He said as he half carried/half dragged him back where they came from. Eventually they made their way out of the Crypt and back outside in the sun once more, though it was starting to set and soon night time would come.

"Well then, is there anywhere we should go until sleeping beauty here wakes up, or do we camp out here for the night?"
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Echo looked at the man.

"There aren't any villages near this place.. I brought items necessary to make camp with."

He lifted his bag a bit and looked at the sunset, his eyes closing half way.

'I'll have to keep a close eye on these two to make sure they don't try anything funny.. But for now.. I'll just have to play it cool.' He thought to himself, nodding his head to signal for the other two to follow as he began walking away from the crypt. He remembered a stream near by, it would be a good place to set up camp.
Back to top Go down
Ruduen
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 am

Klen nodded quietly as he followed the people out once they began to move. "Place was disgusting... I'd rather not have to stay anywhere close to there." His walk was relatively calm as he clung onto his bag, following a short distance behind them.

He gave a small yawn as the night progressed, rubbing his eyes as he tried to follow along. "Any good place to set up?"
Back to top Go down
bombboy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:33 am

"hmmm nothing much else in this cave" thought Alex, "Ahhh here comes the dead end.... but whats this?"

Alex Shined the flashlight on part of the cave inscriptions.

"Hmmm this writing is different from every other writing" thought Alex "Better write down this for later"

Quickly he got to copying the strange writing down

"Well that is that, nothing else in this cave" thought Alex

He started to leave the cave when he saw a body laying on the ground

"That definitely wasnt here before" thought Alex, "Hmm two options leave him or help him out hmmm, haaa since i have time ill help him out"

"Hey you ok man??" said Alex to the unconscious person
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 am

"Just up here," Echo replied. He could already hear the stream, so he knew they were close. He continued forward until they finally got there.

"This place should be good to set up camp." He said, turning back towards the two men.

"Any objections?"
Back to top Go down
Ruduen
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Klen shook his head as he looked around. "Good as any I can find. Let's just hope we have enough stuff. Because of someone, I couldn't get any supplies while I was in town." He shot Byrin a momentary glare before giving a sigh, just sitting down upon the grass.

"We have enough supplies right now, or should I start looking for some wildlife?" He quietly began fingering the contents of his bag, taking count of what he still had left over.
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Echo sighed. "It's okay.. I have enough supplies for everyone. The water is the only extra supply we'll need and thats supported by the stream."

He looked at the two, then looked at Ilalleer.

"I'll start setting up camp and making dinner.. Can one of you bring some water please? He holds out a large bottle.
Back to top Go down
RedKage

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:21 am

"I'll go fetch it." Byrin said, taking the bottle. "I doubt either of you trust me to be alone with any of you anyways, so I might as well fetch the water." He took the bottle and then went to the stream and filled it up with water. There was very little chance of him obtaining the shard from the scythe as of now, so for the moment he might as well stick close to it, which meant working with the kids.
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:36 am

Echo began setting up camp, making sure to keep an eye on Ilaller. For some reason, he kept the scythe close to him.

Once he finally finished, he began pulling out the extra ingredients he had in his bag to start making the stew. He had always kept a portable kitchen set with him whenever he traveled. He found it to be extremely helpful, especially in the wilderness. There was also the fact that he loved to cook.

"Dinner should be ready soon, you should go rest." He said Klen, smiling gently. He was always told that he had a calming look, he had hoped that it would ease some of the tension.
Back to top Go down
bombboy

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:36 pm

"Uh oh doesn't seem like this guy is getting up" thought Alex, "crap im out of here"

Quickly Alex ran off from the cave

"Sure that someone else will help him out" thinking Alex, "but anyways i need to get this deciphered and find a party to travel with"

Alex ran back into his apartment and quickly got to work.
Back to top Go down
Ruduen
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:52 am

Klen gave a small nod as he simply leaned back against the grass, looking up at the sky. "I'll be fine here. At least it's quiet enough."

He closed his eyes, placing his hands under his head as he started to yawn, muffling it with his hand. "I take it you're used to traveling?"
Back to top Go down
RedKage

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:32 am

"Isn't it obvious we're all travelers?" Byrin said as he came back carrying the water bottle. "Here kid." He handed it to Echo, then helped himself to a bowl of food and sat down. "Anyways, the only one who doesn't look like he's a traveler is Mr. Sleepy Head over there. His clothes and skin don't nearly look as worn out as ours." He paused for a sec to take eat a spoonful of the stew. "Hmm, this is actually pretty good.." He remarked. "Your folks teach you how to make this?"
Back to top Go down
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:42 am

To Byrin's remark about Ilalleer, Echo gave Ilalleer a small glance. He was right.. Ilalleer looked so settled and calm.. Especially when he was asleep, though, his fighting skills were good enough.. But he didn't have to let those two know that.

When Byrin had given him a compliment on his food, he felt happy.. But then.. The question came..

Echo looked down.. his eyes closing half way. He had a flash back of his parents.
-FLASHBACK-

Echo's Mom: "Echo! Listen to me! You have to run! Get out now!"
Echo's Dad: "It will be okay son.. You're a strong kid.."

The flash back skipped to the motionless bodies of his parents.
-END OF FLASHBACK-

Echo finally snapped out of it, he didn't want these guys to know too much about him, so he tried to play it off. "Um.. Yeah! My mom taught me when I was young!" He lied. "I'm glad that you like it, and theres enough for seconds if you want!"
Back to top Go down
Endless Void
The Darkness in Everyone's Hearts

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:38 pm

As the nightmare began to subside, Ilalleer solemnly cried to himself thinking, "Why did this happen to you?" Another flashback of his childhood began to show...

***FLASHBACK***

Ilalleer's Mother: "I'm assuming that you needed me with something."
High Priestess: "Yes, we need you to guard this fragment."

The High Priestess began to pull out an Akashic Shard, and she imbedded the shard into Ilalleer's mother.

High Priestess: "After a long exposure to the Akashic Shard and with our power, you will become a dragon in 10 years time."
Ilalleer's Mother: "But that will mean..."
High Priestess: "You will kill your loved ones...."

The High Priestess began to walk back to the church and a block later, Ilalleer smiled as the High Priestess walked by him.

High Priestess: "May you always follow your heart...

***END FLASHBACK***

Ilalleer thought, "What would happen if all the Akashic Shards are like this? Would we stay the same, or will we turn into something different? If it contains some sort of power like this, what would happen if it falls under the wrong hands? Regardless...I need to protect myself on the next few battles, otherwise, I would fall to the same fate as all adventurers."

While clearing his mind, Ilalleer thought, "Maybe that's the reason why I was able to avoid death. Maybe I knew that was going to happen. But as the foresight goes, what would be in exchange? How do I know that "ultimate" knowledge and knowing everything would change one's fate? Regardless, I must go and take the Akashic Shards, so that they don't fall into the wrong hands. I'm sorry, Echo, but I won't be going back to that orphanage. Kids, I wish you well for the future and follow it with your heart."

Ilalleer got a shocking thought, "Maybe, the one that my mother guarded wasn't one of the real one. If so, then what has been going on these past 10 years? But, no matter what happens, I will have to get the Shards someway and somehow."

Sudden a yellow light in his mind appeared and informed Ilalleer on his next destination: "Ancient Ruins near a town called Shigumi, due South of your location."

Ilalleer slowly thought, "My quest has just begun..." as he slowly woke up, looked around the camp, and noticed Echo and two others around the camp. He was slightly confused on what has happened the past several hours, so he got up, took his scythe, and headed near the stream to lay down to listen to the calm waters as well as look at the stars.

(Note: There. I had to give my character some time to recover, so I let several hours of the RP go by without me posting in it to signify that several hours -did- go by. Also, yay, rush job. ~Ryu Kuze~)
Back to top Go down
http://deceitfulshadows.forumotion.net
Ruduen
Retired Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Klen quietly ate, nodding at the kid as he offered his bowl. "I'll take some." He turned as he heard a noise, seeing the man awaken. "You up? Decent timing, you can have some food too." However, he simply watched as the man got up and walked away a bit from the campground.

He took his bowl back, turning back towards the group as he raised an eyebrow. "Is he always like that, or just when he wakes up?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery   

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy: The Akashic Record Arc I: Discovery
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next